Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Words to Live By - Regina Brett
1. Life is not fair, but it is still good.
8. It is OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it will not screw up the present.
12. It is OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea that their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you should not be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But do not worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that is not useful, beautiful, or joyful.
18. Whatever does not kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It is never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, do not take no for an answer.
22. Over-prepare, and then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Do not wait for old age to wear purple.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words “In five years, will this matter?”
26. Always choose life.
27. Forgive everyone everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
32. Believe in miracles.
33. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or did not do.
34. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
35. Growing old beats the alternative - dying young.
36. Your children get only one childhood.
37. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
38. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
39. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we would grab ours back.
40. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
41. The best is yet to come.
42. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
44. Life is not tied with a bow, but it is still a gift.